What is Pupil Premium?
Does your child qualify for additional ‘Pupil Premium’ funding?
If so, please help us to secure additional funding of £1300 to benefit your child’s education!
What is pupil premium?
The Pupil Premium is additional funding given to schools to help children from low income families achieve in line with their potential. St. George’s School will only receive this additional money to spend on children if parents or guardians who are eligible apply for it.
Who is eligible?
Parents/ Carers in receipt of any of the benefits listed below:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support from NASS (National Asylum Support Service) under part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual income of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit run-on
- Universal Credit.
The school is awarded the additional funding for children who meet any of the following criteria:
- have a parent serving in the armed forces;
- are currently entitled to free school meals
- have been entitled to free school meals within the last 6 years;
- are ‘looked after’
- are covered by a guardianship order
- are covered by a residency order
- have been adopted from care.
Please complete the attached form and return to Ms. Morrissey at Reception.