News

School Journey- final thoughts!

The children in year 6 have had the opportunity to experience new activities, develop their independence and collaborative skills. They have been able to conquer their fears and found skills in activities they never knew they had.

What memories will you take away from school journey? What did you enjoy the most?

We look forward to hearing your comments!

42 comments on “School Journey- final thoughts!

1. Jocelyn Villano says:

Thank you so much to the lovely bus driver for bringing our kids back safely. God bless you.

2. I really enjoyed the school journey. It was a great experience. JCA Condover Hall was very easy to navigate through, and I could easily find everyone when I was lost. Thanks for the great experience, and a thank you to our great instructors and teachers!๐Ÿ˜

3. Itโ€™s been a tiring week but I thoroughly enjoyed it. The children were a pleasure to take away and I hope that they will look back on this experience and remember all the fun they had.

Iโ€™d like to say a special thank you to Miss King and Mrs Douglass for their hard work throughout the week. Whether they were up with children during the night or up early to help the children to organise themselves, they kept a smile on their faces throughout.

I hope the children have a lovely weekend and I look forward to seeing them on Monday.

4. Nicolas Abella says:

I had the best time ever and enjoyed it alot-especially the activities. I thank the school and the teachers for a special camp experience!

We did lots and lots of activities and survival tricks to prepare us for future disasters and when we need it, we can use what we have been taught!

I thank my parents for paying and letting me have the opportunity to go to this camp.

Thank you so much!
    I enjoyed Lazer Maze, Archery Tag and Laser Tag best!

5. Mrs Douglass says:

Fantastic week spent with a wonderful bunch of children.
    All challenged themselves and achieved their targets.
    It was a pleasure and hopefully they will all take away some wonderful memories of their time at St Georges and talk about this week with smiles on their faces.
    Get plenty of rest this weekend and see you all Monday for our next trip to the cinema.

6. This week was epic and I had so much fun! My favourite part was the disco and archery tag since I did shoot a lot of people. I also liked everything that was high because I’m not scared of heights anymore but most of all I spent a lot of time learning new things and having fun.

7. You must have had a good time it must’ve been fun

8. Marcos Steve says:

I really loved it and I wanted to stay a bit longer but unfortunately we had to leave. The best activity was laser conquest beacuse you had to shoot at the peopleโ€™s guns๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹

9. This week has been the best week of my life. My favourite activity was tunnelling, because it teaches us how cavemen lived thousands of years ago, and it was fun trying to go around in narrow spaces. It was very fun, and I’m exited to go back to JCA next time!

10. Thank you to all the Year 6’s for being superstars this week. You should all be very proud of yourselves for what you have achieved- I am extremely proud of you all. It was fantastic seeing both classes come together as a whole team supporting each other while they overcame their fears. The tiredness is well worth it. Thank you Mr Welsh and Mrs Douglass too! I hope you have made some special memories and enjoy telling your families all of your amazing adventures over the weekend.
    Get lots of rest and I’ll see you Monday.

11. you must have enjoyed your time

12. This evening seems very quiet without you all!

13. School journey was the best and all the people in it were amazing. Thanks to Miss King, Mr Welsh and Mrs Douglas for looking after us throughout it all. All the people I didnโ€™t really talk to that much I know am really good friends with now and the instructers were brilliant. I hope everyone has a good night rest and imagine you are in the same place you were last night, in Brook House with our friends and teachers.

14. This was so fun I loved it I wish that I can go over and over but I canโ€™t so sad I think that the year 5s are gonna love it I really like the disco and when we was climbing the wall I hope we have more fun things to do I hope that we can all share this fun memories

15. School Journey was the best,I didnโ€™t want to leave .What I really liked about school journey was I met new friends and worked as a team with the other class. Thank you Miss King , Mr Welsh and Mrs Douglass for taking care of us๐Ÿ™‚

16. Nathaniel B says:

School Journey was amazing, I didn’t feel leaving one bit. It’s like we’ve uncovered our hidden abilities. We also hang out with our friends in our room, we have lots of free time. I’ll miss doing that.

17. Big thanks to Mr Welsh, Miss King and Mrs Douglas.

Amirah said the school journey was amazing she had so much fun with her friends.

Well done to all the student ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

18. I am happy exhausted of miss king mr welsh and mrs Douglas for taking good care of us and making us have a fun time thx you so much hopefully we get to do something else even better

19. Kimberly gomez says:

I realy liked kaine being our activity instructor because he did activitys for us even though it was raining and he never let us down . miss king mr welsh and miss douglas did everything possible to make it fun as they could thank you very much for making our school journey realy fenominal and taking care for us children.๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

20. School Journey was amazing as I said before its a once in a life time, I wish we stayed there for a month so we could do all the activities. I made friends with the other class and one thing that was so surprising that I spoke to a girl and her name was Elizabeth she stated that we were soul sisters. It was fun working with the other as a team and a big round applause to the teachers ( Miss King, Miss Douglass, Mr Welsh. Thank you so much it was a pleasure to have to stay with you all.

21. All the year 5 who are going next year you are all going to have an amazing time like we did

22. Just checking for st Martin’s is there P.e tomorrow if anyone sees this.

23. Jessica's mum says:

Thanks very much Mr Welsh,Miss
    King and Mrs Douglas for taking care of the children.
    God bless you all.

24. You mean Monday ๐Ÿ™‚ I miss you all but not coming into school on sunday! There may be PE on Monday so bring kits just in case.

25. School journey was the best i really appreciate Miss King, Mrs Douglas, Mr Welsh for taking us there.I also really loved the disco and i would never forget the day we came๐Ÿ˜˜

26. Angel's Mum says:

Thanks to all the teachers for their hard work and providing care to all the students. I’m happy Angel enjoyed her time at JCA.

Big thanks.

27. It was a wonderful trip,despite the tough times you have to go through like leaving behind your parents and sleeping with your friends, it was exceedingly good,especially when me,Nicolas,Steve and Kevin E were all in one room as the four of us,it was perfect

28. Thank you teachers! ๐Ÿ™‚

29. It was tiring! I am so glad to get some rest! <:)

30. I really enjoyed school journey it has been the best experience of my life.I am very thankful that Miss King, Mrs Douglas and Mr Welsh for taking year 6 to JCA and also a big thank you to our amazing instructors who put all there time and effort in order to make us have a great time.Finally, thank for JCA and the teachers for taking care of us.

31. Thank you Miss King, Mr Welsh and Miss Douglas for taking us on School Journey and God bless you all.

32. school journey was so fun getting to know about people from the other class

33. Thank you Miss King ,Miss Douglass and Mr Welsh for taking us to jca

34. i really enjoyed rock climbing,trapiuez,and the disco i made new friends also thanks everyone

35. Nathaniel S says:

I enjoyed school journey, it was really fun and the activities were awesome. I especially liked laser maze where you had to crawl and roll pass lasers undetected. The instructors were brilliant too, especially Jake who was a great dancer and really funny. Overall I learnt that its okay to be scared of new things and that it’s never as bad as it seems. I’ll miss being at JCA.

36. School journey was great,I really enjoyed it . I think I am more closer with the other class now and I feel more better about working with others. School journey taught me a lot. It showed me that there are many different stages in life that we may not expect and we should always be prepared. I also enjoyed most of the activities including archery, fencing and conquest. I will definitely treasure this experience at JCA forever.

37. gabriela mum says:

School journey was the best experience of my life. I hope the year 5s will enjoy themselves. KING SQUAD RULES!!!!!

38. You made me very excited with your stories. I can’t wait to go next year, I bet it will be fun.

39. my classmates are so lucky but me and Rachelle had great time we went to pizza hut and hollywood bowl

40. samuela sesay says:

i wish i was there

41. hello st gorges hows school

42. School journey was so much fun i wish we were still there.We are all alot closer and i hope we get opportunitys like this again .# on fleek .
    I miss all of the instructors so much and I really loved school journey .We all had a wonderful time. I really enjoyed the lunches and the disco
    but i loved everything so much .